Help ensure that each of our 50 schools is a place where every student can thrive now and in the future.
In 2018, our first Champion donor came on board. As this group of individual donors has expanded, they have collectively committed $394,000 in support of the Foundation’s mission and services.
Our Champion donors have enabled us to creatively and flexibly grow and adapt programming to meet the needs of Madison’s public schools. In 2020, this group:
- Supported emergency COVID relief fundraising resulting in over $320,000 used to support broadband access and the delivery of 3,700 school supply kits for virtual learning.
- Stabilized funding for the creation of Schools Make Madison Advocates, which championed the Vote Yes 2 Invest campaign in support of a $350 million operations and facilities referendum.
- Helped launch the Madison Public Schools Friends & Alumni Network, connecting friends and alumni from all parts of the world.
Proud Schools Make Madison Champion, Martha Vukelich-Austin (top left), pictured here with her children and grandchildren – the third generation in their family to attend Madison’s public schools.
“What can be more important to a child’s future than an excellent education? Our community’s children are all our children. Their success is an investment in all our futures. We are proud to invest in them, and encourage others to do the same.”
– Martha Vukelich-Austin, Schools Make Madison Champion
The Champion Spirit of Giving
“I was part of the Foundation from the beginning. I’m a big believer in our mission and I’m so proud of how far we’ve come. We continue to support teachers but now we have a great plan to deliver far more resources to our staff, our schools and our 27,000 students. I invite you to join the Schools Make Madison movement. Together we have the opportunity to invest in our public schools, the most important element of a thriving city for all of us who call Madison home. “
Elaine Lohr – Founder, Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools
If you’re like us, and believe that every child deserves a high quality and equitable education, consider becoming a Schools Make Madison Champion. Explore the levels to identify the best fit for you.
Graduates – $25,000 + per year
Be our first Graduate Champion!
Principals – $2,500 + per year
Thanks to our Principal Champions!
- Carol and Peter Carstensen
- Cathy and David Gilman
- Melinda and Mark Heinritz
- Melissa Auchard Scholz and Karl Scholz
- Katie and Jay Sekelsky
- Gisele Sutherland and Brett Thompson
Honor roll – $10,000 + per year
Honor Roll Champions
Thanks to our Honor Roll Champions!
- The Meanwell Legacy Fund
- Pat Schiro
Educators – $1,000 + per year
Thanks to our Educator Champions!
- 1 Anonymous
- Samantha Baruah
- Laura and William Bird
- Brian and Mary Blanchard
- Rich Cornwell and Karen Stuesser
- Gordon and Gail Derzon
- Ben Dickey and Elizabeth Connor
- Jessica and Jim Doyle
- Fred and Beth Evert
- Susan Goodwin and Alan Fish
- David and Sandra Gunderson
- Jennifer and John Hannon
- Michael Hertting
- Ed Hughes
- Erica and Ralph Kauten
- Catherine Kestle and Robert Keller
- Sara Krebsbach and Glenn Reinl
- Elaine Lohr
- Marty Malloy
- Dan and Jean Nerad
- Elizabeth and Daniel O’Callaghan
- Kevin and Cheryl O’Connor
- Monica and John Pembroke
- Charles and Helen Read
- Allison and Jeff Reimann
- Ron and Cathy Rotter
- Suzanne and Michael Swift
- Vukelich-Austin Family
- Michael and Beth Walsh
- Beth and David Wilder
- Jessica and Jim Yehle
Leaders – $5,000 + per year
Thanks to our Leader Champions!
- 1 Anonymous
- Cummings Christensen Family Foundation
- Betsy Huebel and Dave Silverberg
- Joy C. Miller
- Deb Neff and Kurt Sladky
- Jeanne and Joe Silverberg
Scholars – $500 + per year
Thanks to our Scholar Champions!
- Anne Arnesen
- Leigh and Neeraj Arora
- Jeff and Angela Bartell
- Jim and Mary Bartzen
- Jane and Ken Belmore
- Patricia Brady and Robert Smith
- Jennifer Seeker Conroy
- Karen and Alan Crossley
- Peter and Joy Dohr
- Suzanne Dove and Miguel Garcia-Gosalvez
- Joann and Joe Elder
- Victoria and Tim Enright
- Beth and Noel Goeddel
- Bette and Steve Hartley
- Eloise Hein
- Janel Heinrich
- Brian and Annette Hellmer
- Anne and Paul Karch
- Howard and Judith Landsman
- Beth Lehman
- Rhonda and John Norsetter
- Kathryn Price
- James and Tonya Prosser
- Janet Reschke
- Hailey Riggle
- Mary Romolino
- Steve and Laura Rose
Eldon and Jean Ulrich
- Shown-Voichick Family
- John and Shelly Van Note
- Tripp and Nancy Widder
- Guy and Ann Wilson
As a partner to the Foundation, here’s what you can expect by becoming a Schools Make Madison Champion:
- Listing in annual report in a special section devoted to Schools Make Madison Champions;
- Recognition on newsletters, social media and website;
- Your very own Champion branded lapel pin and magnet;
- Invitation to an annual event exclusively for Schools Make Madison Champions members;
- Briefings with MMSD leadership, including the Superintendent;
- Signage and recognition at events;
- Special acknowledgment during the Foundation’s 20th anniversary celebration;
- Regular updates from Foundation staff and Board members; and
- A point of contact at the Foundation.
“Our community has the awesome opportunity to work together to support Madison public schools so that all of our scholars reach their potential. We are so fortunate to have the Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools as our “go-to” partner. Because of the Foundation, our community has already so many ways to provide resources to us. Working together, all of our elementary school students – including my scholars at Hawthorne Elementary School – will become the next generation of seniors graduating and going on to do great things. I believe that Schools Make Madison. Will you join me and Champion our Madison public schools?”
–Beth Lehman, Principal, Hawthorne Elementary School, Schools Make Madison Champion donor