Welcome to Allis Elementary
Where the success of every child matters!
The mission of the staff is to ensure that every student has the knowledge and skills needed for academic achievement and a successful life.
2017 marks our school’s 100th anniversary! Allis is located on Madison’s far east side and proudly educates the diverse community within our attendance area. Allis’ dedicated staff endearingly call our school “The Palace.” We’re committed to developing and sustaining a school environment which encourages individuality and responsibility, celebrates diversity, fosters a desire to learn, and supports every community member to discover and strengthen their skills, tales, and abilities so that each is prepared to be a productive participant in our changing global society.
Collectively, we all work toward improving student outcomes. Our strong teacher teams work with aligned curriculum, resulting in exponential increases in student achievement. Throughout the halls, visitors will hear Wildcat Scholars celebrating their successes, exclaiming how they’ve reached their goals.
Get in Touch
4201 Buckeye Road
Madison WI 53716
Allis Elementary School Website
What Makes Allis Unique:
- Students practice the philosophy that “Every Day is a New Day.” Our motto is: I am a Learner. I am Respectful, I am Responsible, I am Safe, I am Kind.
- Diverse staff dedicated to meeting the needs of the whole child. Academic skills are taught using a variety of learning modalities including literacy, math, physical education, technology, music and fine arts.
- Parents and families are an important part of our school community. It is our goal to have a family-centered event every month. We believe that family events at school strengthen the bond of learning.
- Clubs Day provides an opportunity outside of the regular school day. Each club brings a mix of students from different homerooms and grade levels together.
- Sports Club provides structured recess activities as well as increased family involvement.
- Dual Language Immersion Site.
Give a Gift
Interested in supporting our school? Give a gift to Allis Elementary School.
Are you an MMSD Alum? Connect with us and share your story.
“A huge shout-out to the entire staff of Allis Elementary! They are working together to find ways to make Allis a fabulous place to learn and grow! Exciting things are happening at Allis!”
Support Our School
MEET OUR ADOPT-A-SCHOOL PARTNERS
Through the Foundation’s Adopt-a-School program, Madison’s public schools are “adopted” by a local business, organization, or government agency, forming mutually enriching partnerships.
Current Adopt-a-School Partners:
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
Interested in adopting a School?
Why I Give
When I began as a principal in the district, a representative from the Foundation and I had the opportunity to meet. Her warm welcome coupled with the selfless mission of the organization inspired me to get involved initially. I was then able to see the meaningful contributions the Foundation makes to our schools each and every day, which inspired me to continue my support.
We support the Foundation because we believe in public education. We strongly believe that the public school system is a bedrock community institution that provides opportunity for all children. Through the Foundation’s financial support, many innovative projects that enhance the educational experience of Madison children have begun and been sustained over the years.
NAN & BOB BRIEN
As a strong believer in the public school system, I’m convinced that a strong preK-12 program is the way to ensure equitable opportunity for all. The Foundation’s enthusiastic attitude supports promising educational practices and exemplifies philanthropic leadership. It’s a phenomenal ally and advocate of Madison’s schools, and as a high-caliber, well-managed organization, it is richly deserving of our support.