The income from the school endowment fund provides Shabazz City High School the opportunity for school-based grants to support creative and innovative projects in our school.
For the 2017-18 school year this funded the following projects:
- Purchase of our own equipment for the high ropes challenge course, a powerful tool used to develop skills of cooperation, trust, and leadership.
- Partnership with CTM’s “Young Playwrights Program,” where students will write plays and one script will be chosen to be performed at the Overture during a daytime and an evening festival.
- Tools used to determine the best methods of removing and reducing invasive plant species in local parks.
- A Flinn Super High Contrast Compound Microscope of our exciting new Forensic Science Course.
- New bikes and fixing existing ones in continuing “Biking and Tennis” class.
- One license per quarter to run a Civic Mirror class. This is a website that provides a platform for students to create and run their own country based on the US Constitution. Shabazz will be a showcase school for Civic Mirror.
- An artist-in-residence and supplies to design and execute a mural that will transform the vinyl gym into a bright and welcoming community space.
Enter a donation amount below.
The Foundation assesses a 10% equity fee on all restricted gifts. This allows us to support all 50 MMSD schools, regardless of ability to pay or existing culture of philanthropy.
Enter a monthly donation amount below.