The income from the school endowment fund provides Memorial High School the opportunity for school-based grants to support creative and innovative projects in our school.
For the 2017-18 school year this funded the following projects:
- A student and advisors are beginning a unique and engaging project through which a student group will develop leadership skills and enhance our school community with a drum line.
- A student and advisor will develop a program with the help of our Black Student Union that will provide students and families in need with food to take home on Fridays to provide support through the weekend.
- Teachers will collaborate to redesign our school store, using authentic business and plans and design through our Business and Marketing classes, while providing unique opportunities and interactive support for students with disabilities through developing their vocational skills.
- A counselor will continue to provide support and leadership opportunities for our younger Spartan leaders, who are working to further improve the health of our school culture.
- A teacher will begin the process of bringing eye gaze technology to Memorial, so our non-verbal students can enhance their ability to communicate and collaborate with peers.